Deposits and fees
Effective June 01, 2017
North Alabama Gas District may require a deposit prior to commencing service in an amount equal to an estimated two months maximum bill, but in no event less than $50.00 for residential customers and $250.00 for small commercial customers.
- Residential: Minimum of $50.00
- Small commercial: Deposit is based on the connected BTU load. Minimum is $250.00
- Industrial: A contract is required for industrial customers
- Returned check – $25.00
- Turn on fee: Minimum $30.00 not to exceed $100.00 ($30.00 plus minimum bill for each month account is off, not to exceed $100.00).
- Turn on fee for meter turned off for nonpayment during work hours: $45.00
- After hours fee: $100.00
- Turn on fee for meter turned off for nonpayment after hours or on holidays: $100.00 plus $45.00 turn on fee = $145.00 minimum charge.
- Meter tampering fee: $150.00
- Test meter fee: $20.00
- Recheck meter reading fee: $5.00
- Relocate residential service line: $75.00 (minimum).
- Service line charge: $150.00 (minimum) for non-primary user.
- Service line charge: $1.50/ft. over 300′ per service line for primary user.
- Collection Fee: If we come to your location in an attempt collect payment, we will charge $15.00
- There may be other fees accessed as needed.