Applying for service
- A service application must be filled out, identification must be presented, and a deposit or any fees must be paid before service will be connected.
- Renters must have a copy of lease or have our Rental Verification Form filled out and signed by the owner.
- Home owners must have proof of ownership, for example: homeowners policy, tax records, deed, sales contract etc.
- Business applicants must have a copy of their business license.
- All new service requiring installation of a service line will be placed on the work schedule and installed as soon as work schedules permit.
- Within the city limits, the city is responsible for all inspections.
- Outside the city limits, North Alabama Gas District does the inspections.
- Gas meter will be installed on the end of the building opposite the carport or garage in most cases. Meters are not set within fenced-in areas.
- Please do not install customer owned piping before the meter location is identified by North Alabama Gas District personnel.